Our goal is to make the human genome practically useful for life-altering decisions.
We've invented the Counsyl Test, a breakthrough diagnostic intended for parents planning to start a family. The test won the Wall Street Journal Innovation Award for Medicine, was named one of Scientific American's "Top 10 World Changing Ideas," and was featured in the New York Times. Our test is now prescribed by physicians for more than 2.5% of all births in the United States.
As a web developer at Counsyl, you’ll work closely with both engineering and design partners. You will take ownership of entire features or product initiatives from conception to release and beyond. The ideal candidate is has a strong understanding of product development, and the motivation to continually iterate to design the best possible solution.
- A true craftsman or craftswoman with experience building complex client-side interactions using modern tools
- Understanding of responsive design and maximizing interfaces for varying displays
- Knowledgeable about web development frameworks like Django, Rails, Express, etc.
- Conversant with git version control
- CSS mastery (including SASS or LESS)
What you’ll create
- A brand people can connect with
- Medical reports people can comprehend
- Dashboards people can manage
What you’ll get
- High visibility with the executive team, and the resources to get your ideas live
- The ability to learn about the healthcare industry and genomics
- Your voice will have weight; you alone can take us in a completely new direction
- Competitive compensation
- Catered meals every day plus a fully stocked fridge
- On-site gym access to work it off
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- MacBook Pro and all the software you need